Well it is time again for another award nomination post and as always…I am late in doing so. I truly thank the kind Yahari Bento (Go and check out their Oregairu analysis posts for a great read, but be warned spoilers) for nominating me for this award and I’m glad to receive my second nomination. I’m not as new as I was before…well still a bit inexperienced in the blogger awards as a whole. It is nice to get experience though and who knows maybe I shall finally adapt one of these days! One can wish right? So without further ado let’s get into the task set before me.
Post the award in the post.
Thank the person who nominated you.
Answer the 11 questions they’ve written for you.
Nominate 11 people (give or take) and give them 11 different questions to answer.
These are the questions I have been given and at the end I will give my own list of questions.
Your favorite anime opening
My favourite anime opening…now this is a hard one since I have watched so many over the course of a few years now. If I had to really choose one that still resonates with me…well when I was younger I really got myself attached to the anime Eureka Seven. Now I was first introduced to the band Flow through Eureka Seven, which I saw in a little concert a year ago when they toured in America and Canada, but what really sold me on Eureka Seven’s first opening was the beauty of both its visuals and its music. That freedom I originally felt when you saw them soaring through the sky, dang that is truly something. So I would have to say my favourite anime opening is Eureka Seven’s 1st opening, Days by Flow.
Do you have any pets?
I have had some bad experiences as a child with pets so as much as I do enjoy petting dogs and cats and awing over other people’s pets I will never get one of my own.
What kind of movies do you like?
I’m really open to anything when it comes to film, when you limit yourself you sometimes lose out on a chance to see a film that will truly surprise you. If I had to choose one certain kind of film though…I would choose anything that is a whodunit. I love figuring out things, but as much as I love mysteries I would hone in on that a little bit more to be a whodunit. It is trying to figure out from the clues laid out in front of you about a murder mystery often and those are just my bread and butter even if I have enjoyed sci-fi and horror films far more often.
The last thing you ate
I am usually a guy who likes easy access when it comes to my food. Even though I can cook, I much prefer to heat up something easy and since midterms have got me busy I made myself some hotdogs. Simple and fast, even if I would have preferred a more culinary treat.
An anime genre you would absolutely not watch
I could say my least favourite “genre” because I still watch my least favourite genre from time to time. Even if it doesn’t really pan out, I would have to go with my most resilient genre and that is harem.
3 things that’d be on your bucket list
Wow haven’t really officially took the time to write down a bucket list. Well here goes:
- Make a low budget horror film from an original screenplay I created.
- Visit the Gundam statue in Japan.
- Finish scripting an idea for a webcomic.
I am quite a fan of the colour Emerald green.
If you could be anything other than human, what would it be?
I guess I would want to be cybernetic then, go all Ghost in the Shell with a mechanical body. It would be interesting to maneuver in a way that is above normal human limitations and see how strong you are. Even if your body and mind can be hacked, there is always catches with any body in particular so I’d rather be in one that can be of the most use to me in the long run.
Vampires or werewolves?
I was never really a fan of werewolves, so I would go with vampires then.
Are you an introvert or an extrovert or some combination of the two?
Call me Mr. Introvert, I’m not really the biggest social butterfly. I’m more comfortable at home than out and about somewhere, though I’m not necessarily shy when you get to know me…well scratch that I probably still am I guess. If you get me enough liquor then…well then you can call me an extrovert.
Which anime are you watching currently?
Too many. Yet if I had to say one from both the airing and non-airing crowd then I can. Certainly it will be shorter than making that other list. For airing the one I am most in tune with is Flip Flappers and for non-airing I guess I would be watching Outlaw Star. Both good in their own rights…though one far more expensive than the other I would say.
Alright it is time to give out my own list of questions…11 questions…Well hopefully I can think of some decent ones.
- What is your view on comic relief characters?
- Protagonist or Antagonist?
- Do you enjoy remakes?
- What do you think about Reality Television shows? E.g. Survivor, Big Brother, Hell’s Kitchen, etc.
- If you had the choice to be stranded on an island with a character of your own choosing, who would it be and why?
- You can have a million dollars, but you now have a split personality that exists and takes over once every six month cycle randomly. This personality is of a famous villain from a movie, and will have complete control over your body for a day and it is a new one each cycle. Like Captain Hook from Peter Pan one cycle, and maybe Hannibal Lector the next, and you would get an additional 25,000 for every new personality. Would you take the money?
- If you could choose one fantasy world to live in, which one would you live in?
- If you had a choice to make one live action film animated, what would it be and why?
- What is your dream job?
- There is a free ticket to vacation wherever you want in the world and you will be given enough money to see all its sights, where would you go?
- If you were in the Holy Grail War (Fate series), what historical figure would you most want as your servant to fight alongside you? You can’t use those already put into the series like Gilgamesh and Alexander the Great.
Now for the nominations which are just as hard to do, but I’ll try my best!
Cauthan from Cauthan Reviews
Ka-chan from Ka-chan Anime Reviews
Hua MingJuan from Hua MingJuan Reviews
Elisabeth & Dominic from little anime blog
Rocco B from In the Cubbyhole
Well it has certainly been nice to get another nomination, they really force you to think about something that I never knew I would talk about on this blog…myself. Truly the hardest subject of all! Though it really is nice of these awards to promote a sense of community. So what do you think of my responses or even the awards in general? Please put it down in the comments below and never forget to have yourselves a great day!